Monday 14 April 2008

The Working Class and Football Grounds...

http://www.chrisclunn.com/

This is Chris Clunn's website, the 'Eels Pie and Mash' and the 'Pearly Way' folios were the two that really inspired me. I'm still pretty undecided on whether to go the 'working class culture' route or the 'subculture' route. I might just experiment with both and see where it goes from there.

I was thinking about going to one of those small non-league football grounds, with the old fashioned terracing and taking pictures of, argueably, the most popular working class past time - going to the football. Focusing on the fans more than the sport, or maybe i'll set some stuff up and try and make a '70's/'80's scene of skinheads and union flags tied to the railings....hmm...it's all pie in the sky at the moment but I think I'll give it a good go.

1 comment:

Jase said...

i like chris clunn's work.. he's a good photographer for your project.

remind me to tell you about the little football pitch i have near me. ;)

also maybe you could look around the 'cobshops' of nottingham?!.. there's millions and bound to be one with atmosphere somewhere.. it;s not london but it's kind of city history-ey.