Monday 2 February 2009

Flickr...

Here's my page if you want to look/leave comments etc.

www.flickr.com/wharvey




I've just been taking pictures of the buildings that inspired the project. I'm yet to start on the 're-photography' aspect. Simple reason being I haven't found anything I want to re-photograph yet.
Also how would re-photography work as an exhibition, I would have to show the original image to provide a context. Unless I use some text to direct the viewer to where they can find said image. Also Tom (Matthew) has already said I could encounter some copyright issues but it shouldn't be a problem with images over 100 years old. I think if I did show the original images the biggest problem would be enlarging them to the same size as my own prints. Also the originals would be in black and white, should I stick with colour to illustrate that my photographs are contemporary or should I change them to black and white to get a sense of uniformity to all the images?

Lots of questions, any comments would be much appreciated.

No comments: