Tuesday 2 June 2009

Burtynsky and Categorisation...

Hugh suggested looking at Burtynsky and Tom agreed at looking at the idea of categorising my photos.
I don't really feel that's the direction I want to go in, we don't categorise our memories, not in terms of subject anyway. Maybe we categorise them in terms of our emotions and the effect they have on us e.g. sad memories, happy memories etc. but I don't feel that is a strong enough reason to categorise my photographs in this way.
Maybe this would work with a photo album, we put photographs in albums depending on the subject e.g. weddings, holidays, family members etc. but not so much as a memory box. People put things that represent important memories in boxes, they're usually a 'mish-mash' of objects and photographs that conjure positive emotions.
Also I don't really see how Burtynsky's images relate to mine?

No comments: